You don't want to know how much paper waste we actually generate! Well, clearly you do!
Are you still printing everything, because reading on paper is 'more convenient'?
Relying on paper backup files?
Still filling out your paperwork by hand?
Printing offers and agreements to sign?
Aside from being huge burden on the environment, it's a waste of your time and money! Let's have a look at how much paper we actually use and how much waste we create with it:
More paper waste facts
- Manufacturing one ton of office paper with the recycled paper stock can save between 3,000 and 4,000 - kilowatt hours over the same ton made with virgin wood products. (1)
- The average American office worker uses about 500 disposable cups every year. (2)
- Every day, over 3,000 tons of paper towel waste is produced in the US alone. (3)
- The average person uses 2,400 – 3,000 paper towels at work, in a year. (3)
- Every year the US publishes: 24 Billion newspapers, 2 billion books, 350 million magazines. (4)
- The average American uses about the equivalent of one 100 foot tall Douglas fir tree in paper and wood products each year. (4)
- When placed to the landfill and not recycled, paper is the long-term net emitter of greenhouse gas. 42,7 million tons of CO2 emitted in 2006 can be attributed to the methane produced from the decay of paper products. (5)
Using paper forms has many more hidden costs. It's time to convert your paper forms to digital forms. MoreApp digital forms ensure that the data is always up-to-date while meeting customers' and staff's needs. This guarantees a convenient and successful relationship for every side.
Sign up and start working with mobile forms!